Why does it say 3 day sale 80 off but everything is the same price as its always been

Its not really a sale, if its the same price as it was before. Im just confused at why we are doing this sale if its not real?

1 Like

Yup, I hope that for future sale events the process will be automated, with a possibility to opt in the sale and assign a certain % reduction to selected products for example, as well as displaying price reduction on the product page (original price crossed next to the sale price) and no manual editing required.

Edit: the problem with the current system is that it’s very easy to cheat in order to have products showcased in the Sale category on the front page. When sorting by “Newest” there are lots of products that just have the word “Sale” in the title, but without updated pricing info in the description, so there’s no way for buyers to know if the price is actually reduced or not. Of course this issue isn’t super visible as most people are probably not sorting by New and it’s not the default sorting option when visiting the page, but still, having all these unchecked products in the same category lacks transparency I think. Hopefully this can be fixed for next event :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there @photohacklovers , I think @MiksKS did a great job answering this but I just wanted to chime in and say that the sale is very much ‘real’! Our marketing efforts have been directing customers to the Finds pages we made about products on sale, and all of those products are indeed discounted from their initial products.

Certainly people can game the system to make their product appear on sale even when it’s not, but even if we had more technical details about the font, like, say, a strikethrough text showing the original price, a shop owner could potentially increase their price before the sale, marking it down to a ‘sale’ price the day of.

We believe that the majority of shops on this platform are ‘good actors’ and are adhering to the rules we asked them to abide by. That being said, we’re always working on improving the way our platform works, and we’ll take this feedback into consideration for the next sale we run!

Thank you both for your feedback!

interesting you pointed it out, I actually also took part in the sale with a few products but I haven’t thought about writing the old price into the description tbh. I of course wrote it on paper for myself to be able to change it afterwards to the old price. But I guess I’m like the majority of shop owners and simply count on the trust customers have on us. There are always “black sheeps” but I guess you won’t be able to prevent it 100%

2 Likes

Ditto what @ana.yvy said. Leaving the same price probably didn’t even occur to 99% of the sellers - but there is always going to be someone and nobody can prevent that I guess.

2 Likes

@photohacklovers I noticed some people doing the fake sale as well, But I think overall the sale did a lot more good for smaller shops than bad. I always love when CM does promos like this because yes even though some people will be dishonest about it. Overall I think it helps a lot more than it hurts. Unfortunately, there is no way to weed out 100% of the bad. Even with an automated system, a dishonest shop owner could bump their price up the day before opting into the sale so that it would just be the original price.

1 Like

Well I am on creative market all the time and the prices are mostly the same thats why i asked its a little misleading, also I have items that are honestly on sale and didnt appear at all. Maybe this is a moment to reflect and improve the sales promotional area like anna and yvy said cross out the old price and have a button to mark the item on sale. and categorize them on the left hand menu by percentage. I personally would find the bundle option more useful, to select a group of products and place them in a bundle instead of having to reupload all the products into a bundle. This would be awesome if you could make bundling an option for sellers before black friday gets here, As a customer myself i tend to buy the bundles and could care less about sales.

|Well I am on creative market all the time and the prices are mostly the same thats why i asked its a little misleading, also I have items that are honestly on sale and didnt appear at all. Maybe this is a moment to reflect and improve the sales promotional area like anna and yvy said cross out the old price and have a button to mark the item on sale. and categorize them on the left hand menu by percentage. I personally would find the bundle option more useful, to select a group of products and place them in a bundle instead of having to reupload all the products into a bundle. This would be awesome if you could make bundling an option for sellers before black friday gets here, As a customer myself i tend to buy the bundles and could care less about sales.

ReplyForward||

@drew.coffman sales should be determined by CM with an option for % off. Meaning - they should give you an option to “join the sale” then another option to choose “10%, 20%, 50%, etc” then make it live for the whole shop.

This whole emailing back and forth, editing individual listings - is outdated. This is the only market place who is hosting sales on the fly and leaving it up to the sellers to edit each individual listing to suit.

Make it a bulk sale - you can even have it where ppl can select the listings they would like to enter into the sale.

1 Like