When should we expect 1099s?

Hi, maybe @drew.coffman can help me with my question.

Is there an estimate for when we expect to receive 1099 forms? S-Corps have an earlier filing deadline (March 15), so my accountant is already asking for them in order to file on time. I’d love to be able to give them a heads up if possible.

I also signed up to receive the digital version. Glad that was an option this year. :raised_hands:

Hey @moreprofesh !

Check out our Tax Season Guide in our Help Center to give you the information you need. I’ll post some of it here!

Digital Tax Statements

We’re excited to announce that we now offer digital delivery of your tax statements. Please note that in order to receive your tax statements digitally via PDF download, you must opt-in to receive digital tax statements. If you did not opt-in by January 18, 2021, you will receive a tax statement for the 2020 tax year in the mail in addition to having access to download it digitally if you opted in after this date.

US Shop Owners: 1099 tax statements will be available for download here no later than February 5, 2021.

International Shop Owners: 1042-S tax statements will be available for download here out no later than March 19, 2021.

Non-Digital Tax Statements

US Shop Owners: 1099 tax statements will be mailed out no later than January 31, so you can expect to receive them in late January or early February.

International Shop Owners: 1042-S tax statements will be mailed out no later than March 15, so you should receive your form 1042 in the mail by the last week in March.

All forms will be mailed to the address on file as of January 1 of this year (e.g. tax forms for the Tax Year 2020 are mailed to the address that was on file on January 1, 2021). If you’ve updated your mailing address since this time, please let us know so that we can make sure our tax team issued your statement to your current address.

Hope that helps! If you opted in to digital tax statements, you should be able to grab them from the links above.

Thanks so much Drew. When I check the link it says there aren’t any tax statements available even though I opted in to Digital as soon as it was available. And I haven’t received by mail. Is this something I should check with support?

If you’re not seeing a statement, please contact Support! :slightly_smiling_face:

Will do. :+1: Thanks for answering so quickly.