The alarming ineffectiveness of Handpicked

Much as seems to be the trend for everyone, shop traffic for me is down a lot this month and has been in a noticeable decline for the past few months.

I thought I’d delve a little deeper by looking at the traffic stats and all of the categories are down. Not great. What was most alarming however was that I have had zero traffic to my shop from the handpicked section since January! Is this a bug? I have had products handpicked this year and still zero? In 2019 I had one product handpicked, but as you can see there was still a steady trickle of traffic month after month as a result of this.

In 2020 due to pandemic, I was able to put a lot more time into creating good quality products which resulted in more handpicked and a lot more traffic coming to my shop/products because of that. Then 2021 hits and all of a sudden zero traffic?! Part of me thinks this is a bug, but handpicked is becoming less and less effective it seems, regardless.

Is anyone else seeing their handpicked traffic fall off a cliff as soon as 2021 hit?

@drew.coffman it would be great to have some clarification on this.

2 Likes

just a quick info: mine looks pretty much the same so I assume it is a bug :slight_smile:

Yep, as @ana.yvy just said this does indeed seem to be a bug :slightly_smiling_face: Just shared it with our team and we’ll determine what’s causing it so you can see how much traffic you’re getting from your handpicked products!