Shop traffic down?

My shop performance, traffic has significantly dropped since December. Anybody else noticed that? It’s like, all of 2020 starting from January to November - GREAT! Then comes December, and wow… total bombing.

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed, I have the same situation. Attendance rates dropped significantly to 20 views per day. And the trend is disappointing.

It feels like whenever I see Creative Market promote other creators, its the same creators they focus on over and over; this doesn’t help newer shop owners… it used to be different just a year ago, and now it’s like I just cannot compete anymore… My revenue used to be over a grand just a few months ago, but then traffic dropped over 80%… Admins and others from the Creative Market team, can you please shed some light on what’s going on? Have you changed anything? New algorithm? Because I know I haven’t changed anything on my end, and yet, my traffic has gone way down…

4 Likes

Unfortunately things went downhill around Q3 2018 and after that I stopped uploading to CM, but I agree things are going towards a complete halt this year. That 40% commission increase didn’t help either.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m totally disappointed.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to touch on @malihamannan’s question. We haven’t changed anything as of late, and if anything we’re seeing more customers coming to our site in recent months!

That being said, the products that are selling in 2020 / 2021 are wildly different than what sold in past years and are constantly changing — especially because of the global volatility brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.

I asked our Brand Content Strategist to share what’s been trending in a recent Q&A that I highly recommend checking out!

Totally agree. The increase to 40% commission was supposed to help towards promoting shops. So many shops have reported huge drops in traffic and sales compared to when the CM commission was 30% so it seems like that’s not been the case at all unfortunately. Just an extra slice being taken from shop owners with nothing in return.[quote=“linepeak, post:4, topic:638, full:true”]
Unfortunately things went downhill around Q3 2018 and after that I stopped uploading to CM, but I agree things are going towards a complete halt this year. That 40% commission increase didn’t help either.
[/quote]

1 Like

Unfortunately creativemarket didn’t care affiliate community. They ignored . It doesn’t suprise me at all traffic is down.

1 Like