Personal License disappeared on all my products

Is anyone else having issues with personal license disappearing from the purchase options?

I had a customer message me saying they wanted to purchase a product from my store with a personal license but they only had commercial license as an option. I did not change anything or edit it out so not sure why it disappeared. I’m afraid I will be losing sales because of this. CR please help! @drew.coffman

3 Likes

I believe it’s rather feature than bug :slight_smile: It will “motivate” cutomer to buy Commercial License, as Personal Use license now hidden under “More Option” module.
Opera Знімок_2021-07-27_162048_creativemarket.com

3 Likes

Hey @tangerinenation ! We’re always testing new ways to improve our customer experience, and it looks like the customer you were messaged by was in one of these tests! Not to worry, this is not a feature that’s impacting your shop specifically. We’ll keep you and all of our shop owners updated on what we learn from this test and if any sitewide changes come of it!

2 Likes

Got it! Thank you both for explaining! @pred_artem @drew.coffman

1 Like

@drew.coffman Not sure if you’re accepting feedback for this feature yet. :grimacing: But I wanted to share how this would affect a shop like mine (assuming the feature is site-wide and not category specific).

For instance, I sell in the Resume category where most customers specifically want a Personal license and even find the additional license options confusing (I’ve had them message me to ask which one they need).

If the Personal license is hidden for my shop, this may cause unnecessary confusion for my customers since they’re usually shopping for personal use only.

It might also make me feel like I need to lower the price of my Commercial license for fear that they won’t find the Personal license that’s hidden. (I intentionally price my Commercial license higher to avoid customer confusion and because only businesses would likely need it, which is VERY, VERY rare for my shop.)

I hope this makes sense! I can see how this would be a perk for other categories and I understand why CM would give this a try. I hope they can consider these one-off categories where it doesn’t make much sense :pray:

4 Likes

Same here, at my shop and in other shops it is exactly the same, you’ll find commercial license first, and personal license is hard to find.
I think it’s quite problematic, if buyers only find the commercial license at first.
Are private licenses no longer relevant for CM ? For me it is really negative if someone doesn’t buy my product because they couldn’t find the right license, I think they’ll go to another platform
What is the idea behind this?

5 Likes

I noticed this in my shop as well. I sell Procreate brushes so I imagine many of my customers would want to purchase the personal license option. I do see it listed under ‘more options’ but at first glance they may not see it or venture further to find it. Hopefully it doesn’t impact sales.

2 Likes

@pred_artem I don’t know what motivation you are talking about, at the price of buying a commercial license …
The low price has always attracted buyers. This will scare many away from digital products.

3 Likes

Actually - this is what I ment: customer will always attracted to lower price, so they are most likely choose Personal Use license, even if they will use it in commercial way. So CM makes it harder to buy Personal Use license - “motivating” customer to buy Commercial License.

2 Likes

I remember when CM didn’t have Personal License and with the introduction of it, it confused shop sellers, and seeing it been switched again is bringing confusions too. However, I never understood the introduction of Personal License.

Because I think, for someone that buys a digital product, only a handful of them will actually “Buy commercial” to use it for commercial purposes. Which @pred_artem stated (To use most likely more for smaller scale projects)

Now I am not naive to write that there is no need for Personal License, since there is categories that it makes sense to use, however should all categories have it? Perhaps some categories can have the option of Personal License, while other sections can only have Commercial & Extended Commercial. (But can imagine this becoming quite an undertaking for shop owners especially those with large volume of products, if CM do go for this option)

1 Like

Ideally I’d love CM to give me the choice. This way I can select which licenses make sense for my shop to offer. :woman_shrugging: Especially since we don’t all have the same customers or audience.

7 Likes

@moreprofesh I believe that would be best solution.

Ahhh yes noticed this as well. Is this site wide now? Or just some users?
My sales dropped a bit and I reckon this is why as most people buy my products under personal (even though they use it for commercial use in the end) so now I’m not getting almost any personal licenses bought anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, I just went to buy to something and looked elsewhere instead.

Hi @PhotographyLogos - the ‘personal license’ option is there, you just have to click ‘more options’ to see it.

Hmm yeah I don’t love this, if people have 3 choices they’ll often choose the middle option, anyways. However here, they don’t even have that choice and it makes it seem more expensive than it might be if they just wanted a personal license and they might go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Ooh yikes also, when you’re in the shop you see a price, click on the item, and then the product is the commercial price only? Since its showing the personal price when someones in your shop/ in the search results that’s really deceiving, and I would probably click away so fast if the prices didn’t match up…

1 Like

I think that if the commercial license is displayed as the standard licensing option, then the price for the commerical license should also be the one displayed in the product overview. The current combination is just odd and unnecessarily confusing.

3 Likes

Now I see why my sales dropped about 30-40% in the last few weeks… First our commission went down from 70 to 60%, now you offer something for the price of personal licence on products list page and different price on the actual product page. If I was a customer that would put me off too… Creative Market, PLEASE CHANGE THIS back to normal!!

2 Likes

Totally agreed!, Listing one price in the products list and then showing an entire different one on the product overview is confusing. I don’t think is clear to the buyer how to purchase the Personal License. The “More options” link under the prices list doesn’t quite relate to the information above it (the other licenses available).
Finally I believe, this so called test, has cost us designers a lot. Sales have dropped substantially in August, and I thought it was because it was related to Summer vacation, but I believe customers are confused by the disparity of prices shown and have lost trust on CM

1 Like