I got rejected yesterday, then received a message inviting to try again today?

I’m a freelance illustrator and graphic designer with a degree and almost 20 years of experience. I sell clipart and patterns on Etsy and other microstock websites. I applied a couple of times for Creative Market. The first time I got a message telling me that I had interesting material but I needed more. I tried again a few days ago and I got a pretty direct rejection:
"Unfortunately, we’ve decided to pass on your shop request. While we appreciate your application, we want to make sure we’re setting new shop owners up for success, and we’ve determined your products aren’t quite what Creative Market customers are looking for. For this reason, we won’t be able to review future requests from you. "
Does that mean I can never apply again?
I honestly think I have good stuff and probably just need to work on the presentation more.

What’s even weirder is that I received another message inviting me to apply again the next day:
“… Even if your application has been previously waitlisted, you are qualified to apply again by making a few updates to your portfolio…”

I don’t know what to think. Am I barred for life from applying or what?!

@Griffonne after updating your previews you can re apply, as CM mail come for re apply so and still want to clear for it then good to take a help from support :blush:(because one of them may be automated mail)

1 Like