Font License "Design on demand"

Maybe this question was asked many times before, but I’m not 100% sure which License applies to this case:

A possible customer ist asking me to use my font on their website, where people can personalize physical items and buy them. Here ist the site with one example

https://meinmonogramm.de/produkt/pizzabrettchen/

Which license would you say applies to this? App or Desktop?

None of the licenses here permit that kind of use, and for good reason, as it is often abused, and can take away from your own sales if the company becomes large enough.

But if you were keen , you would have to draw up your own custom license privately with the customer.

4 Likes

Look who has graced us with her presence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: @Nickylaatz

All jokes aside, I would also draw up a custom license based on how large the company is.

1 Like

Hehe!! Hello Angele!!! :wave:

Hey thanks for your helpful answers. :+1:t5:

I‘ll think about it and maybe I’ll write a custom license.

1 Like

It’s called a design on demand license, just look up one of these and copy the terms. Base your price on the amount of users. So charge x amount per 10,000 users or 100,000 depending on how big they are, then if they become huge they have to keep upgrading the license.

3 Likes

Hey @NewTropical

Thanks for the tip and the name of this kind of licensing. I also change the title of this thread to make it more clear what’s it about.

I was quickly googling it, but I couldn’t find anything – only a lot of „print-on-demand“ stuff.

It would be great if you could post a link to an example for a „design-on-demand“ license. Could also be useful for others that search for it here.

Thank you very much.
Florian

All - Creative Market does offer a Design on Demand (Print on Demand, Web Server Application, etc) License that we can make available for your Shop products. Please contact me directly at gary@creativemarket.com to explore how we can help.