Enable me to generate discount codes!

Good evening! As a shop owner, I would love the option to create discount codes:

• General discount (%/$ amount) on all store, for a specified amount of time (0 → ∞)
  • Discount on specific product (%/$ amount), for a specified amount of time (0 → ∞)
  • Discount on group of products (%/$ amount), for a specified amount of time (0 → ∞) (if products, A+B+C are in cart, then discount of $amount)
25 Likes

I totally agree! This is the feature I’ve been dreaming of for a long time as well as many other authors. I believe that it has been mentioned many times on the old discussion board but I don’t really remember anyone of the CM staff responding to that. Some changes seem to take place here on CM now so maybe it’s the right time for introducing discount codes?

6 Likes

I go along with the idea!

2 Likes

Yes that would be great the ability to add discounts either as code either to choose a discount percentage.

1 Like

I also go along with the idea!

1 Like

Yesss!!! Totally agree with implementing discount. Maybe Creative Market should learn from what Design Bundles does in terms of shop owners offering discounts. If you got a store there you know what I mean.

Changing subject. This text editor on the “Community” will be perfect for describing our products in the uploa/edit process

2 Likes

Yes! This would be a super useful feature

1 Like

I agree, this function is sorely lacking

1 Like

Omg I’d literally pay for this option - it would make sales and bundles so easy!

1 Like

Oh this would be great!

1 Like

I would love to be able to do a B2G1F.

I dont agree with discount codes

because of the large percentage cut that creativemarket takes this in turn would lead to shops cutting prices down to where you get nothing shops would battle against eachother in pricing wars as they do on etsy and other crappy sits like etsy.

2 Likes

I would prefer if you make your site wide sales more accessible to everyone. Meaning, let us add our products for sale with the click of a button “OPT IN TO THE SALE”. Then, let us choose how much: 10%, 25%, 35%

Then add these items to your sale automatically, WITHOUT EMAILING US BACK AND FORTH.

There is no way I can bulk edit my listings - Your bulk editor is outdated and broken!!! Never got fixed.

I don’t want to edit each individual listing to have a sale… thats time consuming and annoying!!

4 Likes

The fact that CM has NO WAY to put an item(s) on sale without changing listing images and prices manually is actually so outdated and ridiculous. I can’t believe I’ve been here so many years and this option hasn’t been implemented yet. Why should we have to change our listing images, descriptions and prices just to make it easier for CM? What are you using our money for???

4 Likes

Exactly on point! We do most of the work when it comes to sales.

2 Likes

You don’t need discount codes to have a pricing war. CM does set a minimum price of $2, takes a good chunk of the sale and hand selects their sellers. I believe those 3 things help keep bad pricing wars from happening on CM. Discounts are good for making sales because customers like to believe they are getting a good deal. A good tactic is to raise your prices and discount back down to the original price. Customers are also more inclined to order if they see a sale ending soon.

1 Like

I don’t think it has anything to do with pricing wars. For example, I would like to offer discount codes for people who already bought something from me. It’s not a pricing war, it’s just basic marketing practice to benefit your existing customers. Besides people do discounts anyway and even Creative Market is encouraging that, so why not do that in a little bit more civilized way?

1 Like

I just cant see myself discounting further as creative markets cut of 40% is just so much.

2 Likes

@Jakebrown @drew.coffman

Teachers Pay Teachers have a penalty fee for those selling below $1.50 - They charge a $1 fee. So you really make no profit if you want to lowball everyone on price. This deters those people selling for $2, flooding the market with low quality artwork.

CM should consider something this.